GamCare to make a strategic hire
GamCare is an independent charity that is a leading provider of information, advice and support for anyone harmed by gambling in Great Britain. They offer a wide range of support, including treatment and education programmes for those affected by gambling harms. Reporting to the CEO and as a Member of the Executive Leadership Team, GamCare is looking to hire a Director of Policy and Communications. This person will establish and lead a new policy and communications department and be responsible for devising and implementing a strategic approach to policy, public affairs and integrated communications.
- Lead and develop the Policy & Communications Department, including devising and implementing the strategy, budget planning and expansion of the directorate
- Advise the Chief Executive and the board on all policy developments, issues management, PR opportunities and parliamentary engagement
- Play an active role in the senior management team and ensure the delivery of GamCare’s strategy and plans through various communications channels and active stakeholder engagement are achieved
- Lead on all aspects of GamCare’s public affairs, stakeholder engagement, media relations and marketing communications, including increasing the charity’s profile and brand awareness
- Act as a senior spokesperson and primary contact for GamCare in engagement with policymakers, influencers, media and other key stakeholders
- Create and evolve a compelling narrative that brings to life Gamcare’s strategic mission, goals and achievements
Key skills and experience required
- Proven track record of working in a similar role, with a background in strategic communications and governments affairs at a senior level
- Experience in hiring, leading a function, board level experience and managing budgets
- Ability to liaise and work with senior colleagues, Trustees and employees/volunteers.
- Demonstrable interest in social issues including addiction and mental health
- Ability to be a spokesperson for GamCare
- Proactive, strategic thinker with sound judgement, diplomacy and ethics
- Track record of developing and carrying out programmes of activity that influence the national agenda
Ellwood Atfield has partnered with GamCare for the appointment of this role. For more information, please see the job description here. Please apply sending through a covering letter and CV by 09:00 8th July 2020.