An important role, working at the core of some of the world’s biggest development issues.
Working with the Group Head of Corporate Communications, the Head of External Affairs will help to shape and deliver the international strategic and proactive communications strategy. A genuinely important and rewarding role, working at the core of some of the world’s biggest development issues.
- The Head of External Affairs will review and amend Olam’s overall communications strategy, working alongside the team to review and implement the management crisis process, readiness and training where appropriate across all relevant issues.
- The Head of External Affairs will focus on the portfolio of Olam businesses including palm, rubber and wood supply chains.
- The right individual will build proactive strategy across the relevant business units, translating challenges into compelling messaging.
- They will work effectively with other communications disciplines and other Media Relations teams to support communications activities for external and internal audiences in line with the reputation drivers.
Key skills and experience required
- Experience in agricultural supply chains and food sector and in international business, with a proven expertise handling crises/issues real time, ideally from agency or in-house.
- This will include a review of Olam’s overall crisis process, preparation for crisis readiness, perform crisis training where appropriate and review relevant technology platforms.
- Proven track record of driving every aspect of creating and implementing innovative reputation preparedness and protection programmes across multiple issues and geographic regions, including spokespeople media relations training.
- Experience in agricultural supply chains / food sector and in International business.
- Fluent across all media channels, including digital and social engagement.
To discuss this and other similar roles in confidence, please forward a copy of your CV by clicking on the 'Apply' button quoting the reference number RB-1710-4983