Leading children’s charity requires an Interim Communications Manager ASAP.
A leading children's charity requires an Interim Communications Manager on a 1 year Fixed Term Contract to manage its’ Information Services (IS) as part of a significant and complex major change programme.
- As Communications Manager you will play a vital role within the organisation, advising colleagues in delivering effective employee engagement; planning and managing a range of creative and innovative campaigns and tools that will help engage and support employees and volunteers.
- You will manage a range of internal communications and engagement channels including online, film, print and face to face events.
- You will develop and coach colleagues at all levels to be effective communicators.
- You will offer both strategic thinking and tactical delivery. You will be required to manage complex projects, build effective relationships with stakeholders at all levels, and deliver high quality work that builds the profile of the IS team within the organisation.
- You will also be an important contributor to the wider Internal Communications team picking up ongoing tasks and ad hoc projects to support the team as needed.
To qualify for the Internal Communications Manager position, you should have:
- Experience of delivering internal communications in a high profile, diverse organisation
- Experience of communicating the importance of IT change programmes and how this fits into the organisations future vision
- Experience of networking to identify advocates and influencers within the organisation that can promote change
- Experience of developing content using technologies such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Movie Maker (or other video editing software), SnagIt (or other screen capture and editing software) and Adobe Captivate (or other authoring software) and delivering this through innovative communications campaigns/activities
- Experience of setting objectives, driving, monitoring and measuring the success of communications campaigns/activities
- Experience of working with a wide range of professionals and in project teams (some virtual)
- Excellent writing and editing skills, plus a strong attention to detail
- A proven ability to express complex technical ideas and issues, verbally and in writing, to a variety of internal audiences
- An ability to produce digital communications such as blogs, videos, online events (e.g. WebEx or similar) and active in at least one known online blogging/social community e.g. Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, Yammer, Chatter, Wordpress, Blogger
Ellwood Atfield recruits the people who talk for you. Experts in the recruitment of Media Relations, Internal Communications, Public Affairs and Policy Professionals.
To view all of our vacancies in London and Brussels, our thought leadership reports and a calendar of forthcoming events please visit www.ellwoodatfield.com.
Ellwood Atfield Ltd is a certified equal opportunities employer.