An exciting temp-to-perm opportunity for well-know professsional body.
A well-known professional body headquartered in central London are seeking an interim Press Officer for an initial 6 month contract. The role is paying up to £34K pro rata (£19/hour) and may lead to permanency, though requires an immediate start.
The responsibilities for the role include:
- Work at a fast pace in a busy press office, working reactively to a high volume of media enquiries as well as proactively
- Proactively sell news stories to trade press & journalists
- Create informative & gripping content for press releases
- Build upon some established relationships with journalists
- Work collaboratively internally, providing media briefings and advice
The successful applicant will have:
- A proven successful track record in media relations
- Knowledge & experience of working in politically rich environments is a preference, but not essential
- Some well established relationships with journalists and a hunger to build more
- Proven experience hitting the ground running in a busy press office
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skill with the ability to brief speakers
If this role is of interest, please submit your CV using the apply button and ensure you quote the reference number PA-1708-4877 in all correspondence.