This professional body is looking to develop their position on climate change policy.
One of the UK’s largest professional bodies representing an extensive part of the UK’s industry is looking to develop their position on climate change policy. They are looking for somebody to join as soon as possible for an initial 6 month contract, with the potential for this to be extended.
Working on their low-carbon and environmental issues, you will help develop their climate change policy and present those positions externally.
- By developing new and existing relationships, you will act as the principal contact with the relevant government departments and agencies and respond to all government consultations and Parliamentary enquiries
- Keep all members up to date on relevant policy developments and gather their views to help shape and support future policy work, presenting the industry views and recommendations to UK and EU policymakers
- Manage various environmental, climate and energy policy committees run by the body.
Key skills and experience:
- Specialist knowledge with experience working in the aforementioned policy areas is essential
- Excellent knowledge of UK and European legislative and parliamentary processes
- Strong analytical skills with excellent written and oral communications.