This high profile charity is looking for an Advocacy Media Specialist to join their team.
The Advocacy Communications and Media team of this high profile charity are responsible for driving a step change in how they plan and deliver communications in support of the charity’s advocacy objectives. The Advocacy Communications and Media specialist will also manage the press office and be the first port of call for business journalists, with the role having a heavy focus on proactive media.
- You will identify and build relationships with key influencers including business and political journalists, government press offices and online commentators, in order to increase the impact on the business and political audiences.
- Use media expertise and external awareness to help shape, prioritise and achieve their advocacy objectives.
- Deliver significant, strategically focused media coverage in support of the advocacy objectives.
- Develop top-level relationships to strengthen the UK’s positioning in the business media and to increase the influence in those arenas.
- You will generate and develop the content, stories and features that are most newsworthy for this audience.
- Develop and position key spokespeople to help deliver messages to business audiences. These will be both internal spokespeople and external allies.
- Monitor the external media landscape and react quickly to opportunities to further advocacy objectives.
- You will work closely with the communications delivery team- who lead the PR, social media and mass public media- to make sure they are joined up across media positioning, monitoring, spokespeople and external relationships.